About Adam G. Singer
Adam Singer is a consumer rights advocate with extensive civil litigation experience.He represents individuals harmed by corporate violations of their consumer rights by pursuing cases in the federal and state courts.In the practice he created, Adam Singer balances the sophistication of his large firm experience with the advantages of a cost-sensitive and nimble law practice. He leverages his expertise in civil litigation together with his knowledge of consumer laws to seek justice under the law for victims of credit report errors, identity theft, and unfair debt collection. Adam Singer is a passionate advocate dedicated to consumer empowerment in the face of corporate abuse and deception.
Adam Singer attended the University of Pennsylvania Law School where he earned his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, and received his B.A, summa cum laude, at Washington University in St. Louis.He began his career in one of the busiest federal trial courts in the country by serving as a law clerk for the Hon. Sidney H. Stein, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of New York, Manhattan Division.
Adam then worked as a litigation associate at the international law firms of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP, representing large corporate clients in matters of white collar criminal investigations and complex civil litigation.His prior experience defending corporate clients continues to inform his litigation strategies in his current capacity representing individuals pursuing civil cases against businesses who profit through the violations of consumer rights.
Adam Singer works closely and diligently with clients from the initial consultation until the resolution of their case. Adam communicates regularly with significant developments and encourages clients to become active participants in the proceedings.
He is keenly aware of the need to level the playing field for consumers who have been targeted by corporate abuse and deception. He combines passion with diligence and compassion with tenacity to achieve successful outcomes for clients. Adam was selected by SuperLawyers in 2018 as well as in 2016 as a Rising Star.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- Washington University, B.A., Environmental Science, Political Science, summa cum laude 1998
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Member, Federal Bar Council, Civil Rights Committee
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Bi-Annual Conference in 2017) presented by National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Bi-Annual Conference in 2019) presented by National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Conference in 2021) presented by National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Fair Credit Report Act — Nationwide Webinar presentation presented by National Associate of Consumer Advocates in 2023
The U.S. Military Academy at West Point:
- Presentation on the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Presentation on Identity Theft and Credit Report Errors
Pro Bono Work
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Volunteer, Trial Division
- Southern District of New York, Mediation Program for Pro Se Employment Discrimination Cases
- New York State Division of Human Rights Volunteer, Regional Office/Legal Department
- New York City Law Department, Volunteer, Deposition Training Program